It's Wednesday again! I have a few things on the go this week.
1. Chrysalis Quilt - I received in the mail this week the second charm pack of Chrysalis (one I had won at Clover & Violet, and one I had purchased from eBay) and got to work adding the 1.75" strips to two adjacent sides of each charm. It has gone from this.....
2. Kaleidoscope Quilt - earlier this week I asked if any of you use polyester batting for your quilts. It seems a viable option, based on availability and on how happy the people look in the photos on the packaging...don't let that fool you. I have had such a hard time with it.
~ Basting. I went with pin basting because I was out of 505 spray which I prefer to use. You know with cotton batting how it sort of clings to the fabric? Poly doesn't do this at all. It was slipping and shifting and was difficult to even baste.
~ To the machine. After two attempts at basic straight line stitching with a walking foot and brand new sewing machine needle, I gave up. It was not going through smoothly, the stitches were uneven and batting was pulling up through the needle holes, it just wasn't a pretty picture.
I decided to quit before I got too far into it, ripped out those stitches and decided to finish it off by tying rather than quilting. I do still think it will be super cute, and I will finish it off with a proper binding, but I was just so disappointed. I don't think I will be giving polyester another try for a looong time.