Tuesday, September 20, 2011
TV Cabinet Topper
Another back-logged (ie. unblogged, and I'm warning you I have a fair number back-logged that I aim to catch up on!) project. I made this one quite a few months ago, and it was probably my first good sized quilted project. I followed this pattern from The Purl Bee, pretty much, altering the layout of the squares and the dimensions of the finished project. I made it to fit the top of the new-to-us-from-Craigslist IKEA cabinet, with a few inches spared on each side. The fabric used was a random fat quarter pack from Wal-Mart's fabric department, the neutral is just plain old muslin, and I quilted it with pairs of diagonal lines going in both directions. I was nervous about the red binding, but I really like it - red is growing on me these days and a I gravitate toward is fairly often.